Global Women In Management Workshop, 2016.
The Global Women in Management strengthens women’s management, leadership and technical skills to enhance and bring to scale programs that advance women’s economic opportunities and build the next generation of women business leaders and entrepreneurs.
This program was launched in 2005 and supported by is ExxonMobil Women’s Economic Opportunity Initiative, to help women in developing countries fulfill their economic potential and serve as drivers of economic and social change in their communities.
The workshop aims to train women from diverse cultures and countries to share, examine and adopt best practices worldwide for expanding women’s economic opportunities and meeting the needs of their communities and countries. Workshop themes include; dimensions of leadership, economic participation, fundraising, project management, financial management and strategic communications/public speaking.
CRITERIA FOR APPLICANTS
Minimum 8 years of experience in development programming.
• Minimum 3 – 5 years of experience working in women’s economic empowerment (e.g., entrepreneurship, cooperatives, micro-credit, income generation, business women’s networks, etc.).
• Currently employed or volunteering with a local civil society organization implementing women’s economic empowerment programs.
• Fully committed and available to participate in the entire 4-week workshop.
• Proficient in English (able to participate actively in discussions and presentations). Plan USA may assess oral language skills to determine eligibility.
• Eligible Countries: Alaska (first nations), Angola, Canada (first nations), Colombia, Cote D’Ivoire, Ecuador, Equatorial Guinea, Ghana, Guyana, India, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kurdistan, Liberia, Mexico, Mozambique, Nigeria, Romania, Russia (Moscow and Sakhalin), Uruguay and South Africa.
• Must not be a government official or their immediate relative.
The workshop will run for four weeks in Washington DC, USA and begin on 18th July – 12th August 2016 in Washington, D.C., USA.
Submission of Application ends 18th April 2016
Register here for participation.