Thomson Reuters Africa Startup Challenge 2016
Thomson Reuters in partnership with Venture Capital For Africa (VC4A) are launching an initiative to provide a platform for startups to partner with us as you grow your startup into a lucrative business.
The Africa Startups Challenge seeks to find the best new companies coming out of Africa. As a large continent made up of many emerging markets Africa is home to some exciting startups who are able to leverage new technology and new business models to leap-frog the current players.
Thomson Reuters aims to empower Africa’s success by providing government, financial, academic and business solutions that have helped move from aid-based economies to self-sustaining, knowledge-based economies for almost 150 years.
What is in it for you?
– The Challenge will provide you with the opportunity at a potential partnership with a global financial services and professional information company.
– Increase visibility for your startup by being showcased on our global investment platform called Eikon.
– Opportunity to attend the Thomson Reuters Africa Summit 2016.
– Cash prize for the winning startup.
If your startup is in FinTech or related industries, then this is the challenge for you!
Thomson Reuters position as a trusted provider in financial markets makes it attractive for FinTech startups to work with them as a partner. Their answer to the changing environment is an open platform approach – leveraging our depth and breadth, and enabling collaborative partnerships focused on innovation.
This Challenge seeks the most promising startups in Africa. Key areas of focus are the following 10 categories:
- Agri-tech (including land administration)
- Big data analytics
- Digital government
- Internet of Things
- Mobile technology
- Supply chain
Application closes 30th May, 2016.