Echoing Green Fellowship for Social Innovators
Echoing Green will provide more than $4.6 million in unrestricted seed-stage funding and strategic foundational support this year to emerging leaders working to bring about positive social change.
Over the past three decades, total investment of over $40 million has been given to more than 700 world-class leaders.
Echoing Green Fellows are the innovators, instigators, pioneers, and rebels that reject the status quo and drive positive social change all over the world. They include the founders of Teach For America, City Year, One Acre Fund, and SKS Microfinance, as well the First Lady of the United States, a mayor of Providence, RI, and the director of the largest environmental law center in the U.S.
While their work, their geographies, and even their approaches may be as varied as the problems they are working to solve, their common passion and commitment form the base of this robust, active community of leaders. Echoing Green Fellows work on six continents, on issues such as:
The signature Global Fellowship is open to any leader, from anywhere in the world, with an innovative solution for any issue.
During their first two years, Fellows receive up to $90,000, participate in leadership development gatherings, and will access the powerful network of Echoing Green Fellows, partners, and friends. Echoing Green’s Barclays Brain Trust Series, sponsored in part by Barclays, is a program of roundtable and mentorship opportunities for Fellows with leading professionals working in marketing, fundraising, business development, and technology.
The Fellowships are awarded annually to individuals or partners who receive:
- A stipend of $80,000 for individuals (or $90,000 for two-person partnerships) paid in four equal installments over two years
- A health insurance stipend
- A yearly professional development stipend
- Leadership development and networking gatherings
- Access to technical expertise and pro bono partnerships to help grow their organization, a dedicated Echoing Green portfolio manager, and support from Echoing Green chaplains
- A community of like-minded social entrepreneurs, public service leaders, and industry leaders including the Echoing Green network of nearly 700 Fellows working in over sixty countries all over the world.
- For more detailed information, review our Fellowship contracts for individuals and partnerships, and our FAQ on our current recoverable grants.
Each new Fellow is matched with an Echoing Green portfolio manager who will support them in creating a plan for achieving the following universal goals:
- Raising money in appropriate amounts for their stage and size of need.
- Operating according to clear, written short-term plans and goals.
- Internalizing a philosophy of regular measurement against a documented theory of change.
- Remaining committed to working on their issue and/or organization, at a high level of passion and energy, beyond the first two years of their Fellowship.
- Identifying and mapping solutions for two to three additional areas that may only be relevant to that particular Fellow at that time, such as hiring an executive team or building a thought leadership capacity.
Application is open till October 25, 2016.