Apply for TechWomen Programme, Sillicon Valley USA
The application for the 2017 TechWomen program will open on November 15.
TechWomen strives to identify emerging women leaders in all fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) from Africa, South and Central Asia, and the Middle East.
TechWomen is a competitive program; last year, 2,319 applications were received for 90 spots. The selected 2016 Emerging Leaders represented the top 4% of applicants.
The 2017 program will bring 100 women from 20 countries, including Pakistan for the first time, to the U.S. to participate in the program from September to October 2017.
Participants will be women engaged or rising in professional careers that require significant expertise/knowledge of technology and/or innovative application of these skills, and who already are — or show promise of being — role models for others in their countries, particularly for women and girls.
To apply, applicants must:
- Be women with, at minimum, two years full-time professional experience in the STEM fields (science, technology, engineering, and math)
- Have, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree/four year university degree or equivalent
Be proficient in written and spoken English
- Be citizens and permanent residents of Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, the Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan or Zimbabwe at the time of application, and while participating in the program
- Be eligible to obtain a U.S. J-1 exchange visitor visa
- Not have applied for an immigrant visa to the United States, or participated in a visa lottery in the past five years
- Not hold U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. legal permanent resident
The deadline to apply is January 17, 2017