Future Agro Challenge
Future Agro Challenge supports agro visionaries, farmers, manufacturers, and distributors from countries across several continents. Exciting innovations are disrupting the status quo. The Future Agro Challenge celebrates passion and ideas by creating an environment to showcase transformative innovations and inspiring entrepreneurs.
The most promising innovators are selected from the national winners to compete in the Global Championships. Innovators have the opportunity to participate in sessions and hot discussions on the latest entrepreneurship trends & best practices, network with entrepreneurs, investors, startups, policy makers & stakeholders from all over the world and claim the title of “Agribusiness of the Year”!
Future Agro Challenge is now an international ecosystem beyond its Global Championships that supports visionaries who bring forth solutions for socioeconomic growth and entrepreneurship in local communities, as well as, regional and global markets. FAC seeks ideas to advance Agtech, Agriculture Production and Processing, Nutrition & Health, Agriculture Biotech, Biofuels, Evergreen Practices, Robotics and Precision Agriculture, Agro Logistics, Farmer Incomes, Education, Agrotourism, Safety & Health, and Packaging.
Future Agro Challenge addresses the future of healthy food from the farmer to the consumer, and furthers the agricultural revolution that is underway.
Who can apply:
In order to participate, startups need to meet the following criteria:
- Exists no longer than 5 years
- Be proficient in the English language
- Have a scalable and innovative business idea or model
- Idea / concept: idea clearly explained
- Pitching skills: persuasive and capturing presenting of idea
- Innovation: breakthrough in idea, business model, or design
- Scalability: does this business idea have a market potential globally or regionally. What is the capability of creating job positions
- Health: a healthy process for production or consumption
- Design: innovative in design
- Friday, January 13th, 2017: Startup applications close
- January 20th, 2017: International finalists announced
- March 15th, 2017: Global Championships in Johannesburg, South Africa