News & Events
Eko Art Expo Lagos: 27-29 January
The Rasheed Gbadamosi Eko Art Expo is an art exhibition by Lagos State Government to showcase the creativity of students in tertiary institutions as well as emerging artists. The project is aimed at encouraging the ingenious creativity of visual artists thereby boosting the curation of contemporary and homegrown artworks. In the long run, the exhibition will put a spotlight on the visual art space as a major contributor to the economy and development of the State.
To position visual artistry as a major contributor to the socio-economic development in Lagos State.
- Visual Art Curators
- Visual art student
- Art promoters
- Corporate Nigeria
- Various industry players (Construction, Architectural design, environment and urban development design, hotels and tourism industries.)
THEME OF THE EXHIBITION
- Lagos for all – Artworks that depicts the multi-cultural nature of Lagos
Students from tertiary institutions in Nigeria as well as other budding artists can participate in the exhibition.
This exhibition would focus on the Visual arts specifically:
- the traditional fine arts such as drawing, painting, photography, sculpture.
- architectural,environmental, and industrial arts such as urban, interior, product, and landscape design.
- folk arts
- works of art such as ceramics, works in wood, paper, metal and other materials.
Friday January 27th – Sunday January 29th, 2017
Eko Hotel & Suites, VI, Lagos.